There are tons of iPhone hidden tricks that not many people know, even though the iPhone is one of the most used gadgets in the world! We want to share some hidden tricks so you can take full advantage of your smartphone.
1. Delete Digits in the iPhone Calculator App
Have you ever had this frustrating Calculator experience? You go to the Calculator app on your iPhone and start entering a long number, but you mistype a digit or two. No worries, though. We’ll show you a simple trick that solves that problem.
- Enter a multi-digit number into the calculator. To delete the last digit entered swipe either left or right on the number display area.
- The last digit entered is deleted. Each time you swipe, one digit is deleted.
2. Swipe to indent
It can be frustrating to realize there’s no tab key on iPad or iPhone keyboards. So without an obvious option on the keyboard, how does one indent text in the Notes app? We have a tip that will make it even easier.
- Open your Notes app to the note you wish to format.
- If it’s a bulleted list, simply swipe right on the bullet you want to indent toward the right.
- To undo, swipe left on the bullet.
3. Press and hold on the spacebar to move the text cursor
One of the most frustrating tasks for me when using the iOS keyboard on an iPhone or iPad was trying to move the cursor to the location I want when editing a message or text. There is an easy tip that can help you move the cursor fast.
You just simply press and hold any key on the keyboard allows you to easily move the text cursor around like a mouse with your finger.
Sometimes we need to rearrange the Home screen on our iPhone and iPad to organize our apps. If you have several pages of apps, move them one by one can be a bit of a pain. Luckily, there’s a handy little hidden feature for moving multiple apps at one time.
- Press and hold to make all of your apps wiggle like you’d do to move or delete an app.
- With a finger, drag the first app that you want to move away from its initial position.
- With a second finger, tap the additional app icons that you want to add to your stack while keeping the first finger on the first app.
4. Shake to undo or redo
Have you ever tried to delete a giant paragraph of text you just typed on your iPhone or iPad? Don’t hold down the Backspace key. Instead, shake the iPhone to display an Undo button.
Shake to Undo works with almost all apps that you can type in:
- Type anything.
- Physically shake your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap Undo.
If you change your mind, restore the text by shaking the iPhone again, but this time, tap Redo Typing.
Follow our blogs and subscribe to our social media for more tips and tricks. Video: iPhone Hidden Tricks – You Should Know!!
Find your nearest OmniTech Store for fast phone repairs: