With the rapid development of science and technology, mobile phones have become popular worldwide as a communication device, and have played a very important role in our society.
Mobile phones have become entertainment tools for many people, for example, games, music, chat and Internet access. All these require mobile phones to be updated faster and faster, but at the same time, many disadvantages have been introduced, such as battery drainage, speed of page loading and different types of system and phone damage.
Here are some fixes you can try when your mobile phones are not charging:
- Reboot your mobile phone: Restarting your phone will kill all the background services and refresh them, just in case one of them is not performing their task or is hung up.
- Check/clean the charging port: Check thoroughly if the charging port gets clogged by dirt. Clean it gently with a soft-bristle or used toothbrush, if necessary.
- Switch Cable/Socket/Adapter: Make sure the charging cable/socket/adapter is working properly. Try a different one and see if that works properly.
- Switch power source: Make sure the power source you are using is functioning. Keep in mind that laptops and PCs charge slower than a direct power source, i.e., a wall socket.
- Install software updates: The operating system of the mobile phone gives a command for the phone to charge once it receives charge from the charging port sensors. Always keeps your phone system updated to the latest version.
- Replace your battery: Replace your battery if none of the other techniques work. Also, make sure the battery you put in is compatible with your phone or the same model as the previous one.
If all else fails, you might have a hardware failure. You should visit a service center and get your phone examined by a professional. if your phone is still in warranty, then you don’t have to pay anything for the repair. Always use a repair provider who gives proper warranties.
Factors that slow or stop your mobile phone from charging:
- Defective cable/socket/adapter
- Faulty power source
- Clogged charging port
- Outdated mobile phone system software
- Water damage
- Dead battery
Repairing a mobile phone can be pricy. Protecting your charging port from damage or dirt is important. You can get a 360 full protection case like OmniLife Ridge Case that protects your phone from shock/water damage and dirt, along with Cable Bites to protect your charging cable head from wear and tear.